I just got a dog and I can now say he is the best thing that ever happened to me. ‘Wiser’ – That’s his name.
Not only he is teaching me how to love unconditionally, but he is also making me a better person every day. There is so much love in his gleaming eyes when he looks at me craving affection. Little did I know that having a dog had many health benefits too.
Why would you not adopt one?
Here are some real health benefits that come along with having a pet dog.
1. It makes your heart strong. Lower blood pressure, reduced cholesterol, and decreased triglyceride levels, improve cardiovascular health resulting in fewer heart attacks.
2. It keeps you fit and active. You can’t see your dog weeping to go outside, right? So you end up taking it for a walk and you end up being more physically active.
3. They are also responsible for better mental health. Studies show that dog owners are less likely to suffer from depression because having a dog increases levels of serotonin and dopamine, which are ‘feel good’ neurotransmitters in our body.
4. It is said that people tend to socialize more when they walk their dog which helps them talk to new people.
5. People with a dog in their house are less likely to develop allergies in the course of their lives.
6. Did you know dogs can readily detect physical, emotional and mental distress in their humans? They might even know when someone in the house is pregnant.
7. Dogs also help you bring out your best personality traits.